Land of the Elements
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» EVERYONE SHUT UP I'M TRYING TO INTRODUCE MYSELF (Forest)
About: Elemental Powers  I_icon_minitimeSun 30 Jul - 2:04 by Forest

» About: Spirits
About: Elemental Powers  I_icon_minitimeSun 30 Jul - 1:02 by Forest

» Inspiring quotes from Wolves of the Elements
About: Elemental Powers  I_icon_minitimeSun 30 Jul - 0:57 by Forest

» Silent Storm Pack
About: Elemental Powers  I_icon_minitimeWed 6 Apr - 18:49 by March

» || Kazumi || Warrior Apprentice || Sun || ♀ ||
About: Elemental Powers  I_icon_minitimeSat 12 Mar - 13:05 by March

» Lycos Forest
About: Elemental Powers  I_icon_minitimeSun 7 Feb - 4:32 by Flare

» The Random Game
About: Elemental Powers  I_icon_minitimeTue 26 Jan - 23:34 by March

» What Are You Listening To?
About: Elemental Powers  I_icon_minitimeFri 22 Jan - 19:09 by Forest

» Plot Requisites
About: Elemental Powers  I_icon_minitimeWed 20 Jan - 9:46 by Thundo Puffs

Top posting users this month
No user

What is Going On?

○ Spring has arrived

○ Miyuki's butt is on fire. Someone go check her den to see if she's okay.

○ Forest and Rain had their second litter of puppies, and someone familiar who went missing for years has made their appearance shortly after their birth. How mysterious...

○ Welcome, new members, Bloodless and Chance!

Statistics

Season: Early Spring

Time: 7:00 AM

Weather: The sky is a pretty clear blue; no clouds to be seen. The air is crisp and full of promise.

Temp: 17ºC 62ºF.

Mating season: No.

Birthing Season: Yes.

Kyklos = 3
Spirits = 1.
Pack: ♀ = 14. ♂ = 12..
Pack Rivals = 4.
Loners = 4.
Animals = 1.
Word Count
Words Counted: 0

All role-play posts must contain a minimum of 100 words.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 36 on Thu 30 May - 17:26
Statistics
We have 16 registered users
The newest registered user is Chance

Our users have posted a total of 12931 messages in 323 subjects

About: Elemental Powers

+4
Robin
Rain
Luna
Thundo Puffs
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

About: Elemental Powers  Empty About: Elemental Powers

Post by Thundo Puffs Fri 14 Nov - 16:51

Here we have a nice little encyclopedia of acceptable elemental powers. I put this here for three reasons:

1. For beginner LOTE members who may not know what abilities they possess

2. To prevent power-play

3. To exchange ideas

This is an open discussion topic, meaning that if you have an idea for a power, reply and explain the power in detail. It may be added! I will also allow specialized abilities that only your character may possess. An example would be Sirena, who has the ability to breathe underwater due to her gills and being half marine; something other water wolves cannot do.

All of the elements (excluding Time) currently have five or more powers listed.

Fire:

Fire Stream- A forceful breath of fire.

Explosion- A daring attack in which flame explodes from the user's body. This is used as a last resort, as the user is drained of all power.

Heat Wave- Similar to explosion, but the user emits heat instead of flames. It is less powerful, but does not drain the user.

Ember Shower- A shower of embers that covers a large range of area and has great accuracy. This is a dangerous attack and should not be used in closed spaces or vegetated areas.

Fire Cloak- Both an offensive and defensive move. The user encloses a part of their body in fire; commonly the paws or tail.

Abilities:

Temperate Control- From birth, fire wolves can raise the temperature of their body and fur at will, making them resistant to cold weather. They may burn a non-fire wolf on contact.

Blue Flare- A mysterious blue fire with mystic properties. The blue flare is a non-harming flame with healing properties. Water wolves are immune to its powers. (HEALER EXCLUSIVE)

Fire Pulse- Enables a blind wolf to detect heat in living creatures and the environment. While all fire wolves have the ability to find heat, the fire pulse is unique as it relays an image to the brain. (JAYFEATHER EXCLUSIVE)

Earth:

Growth- The user can make vegetation such as grass, clovers, flowers, and vines grow under certain conditions. Conditions could include the season and whether or not such plants may be grown in the area. The amount and variety the user can grow increases with age and experience.

Earthquake- The user shifts the earth around them, creating cracks and unstable terrain. The user acts as the epicenter, and therefore the force is strongest near them.

Vines- A handy technique which may be used for different purposes. Users may grasp, squeeze, and trap enemies. Vines may also be used as a whip, and may or may not have thorns.

Dig- An attack where the user concentrates their power on one spot, creating potholes.

Thorn Shot- The user grows thorns and brambles to trap opponents. Thorns may be removed from vines to be thrown.

Abilities:

Earth Sense- Earth wolves detect vibrations in the earth, so sneaking up on them is nearly impossible. Cynder has perfected this skill due to him being blind.

Water:

Water Stream- A forceful breath of water.

Bubble- The user encloses an opponent in a bubble of water. This requires a great amount of concentration.

Current Change- When in a body of water, the user may change the speed and direction of water flow.

Light Feet- The user walks on water.

Rain- The user uses water molecules in the air to make it rain. A fire wolf's worst nightmare.

Abilities:

Life Sense- Water wolves have the ability  to detect water in plants and animals.

Water Breathing- Water wolves may hold their breath up to ten minutes underwater. Sirena is an exception, as she has gills and is amphibious in makeup.

Electricity:

Lightning Bolt- The user summons a lightning bolt(s) at the foe.

Electric Cloak- Both an offensive an defensive move. The user encloses a part of their body in electricity; commonly the paws or tail.

Paralysis- A unique power exclusive to electric wolves. The user may paralyze an opponent on physical contact, which renders the foe immobilized for a set amount of time.

Electro Ball- A condensed energy ball of static and electricity.

Lightning Rod- The user absorbs power and energy from a thunder/lightning storm. Few wolves can actually use this power, as containing such pure energy is difficult, A purebred electric wolf has a better chance than an electric wolf with parents of separate elements.

Abilities:

Static- From birth, and electric wolf's pelt is covered in static electricity. Touching them may cause a wolf to feel a small shock.

Sound and Light Tolerance- Loud noises and bright lights do not affect electric wolves as much as others.

Wind:

Air Ride- The user is capable of controlling the air currents around them, enabling them to either float in place or glide.

Condensation- The user forms a cloud that can support physical weight. Wind wolves often use these clouds as shields, vehicles, something to place things on, or even beds.

Whirlwind- The speed of wind can be increased or decreased by the user. They may also change the wind's direction. Small tornadoes and hurricane-like winds may be created.

Aerodynamics- By lowering the weight and density of themselves, a wind wolf can be very nimble and flexible. Floating and gliding will also become easier. Along with themselves, a wind wolf may also do this to other wolves and objects, making them easier to knock over, hit, carry, etc.

Air Slice- A sharp blade of compressed air. This may be used to attack directly, or be used defensively in the form of a wall.

Wind Force- A powerful gust of air capable of knocking down opponents or flinging them across the battlefield.

Abilities:

Tailwind- Wolf's' movement speed is increased when near an ally wind wolf.

Ice:

Ice Spike- Sharp shards of ice are thrown at the opponent.

Ice Ball- An energy ball of ice and chilling air.

Frost Breath- An icy breath of sub zero temperature; easily capable of causing a painful frost bite.

Ice Dancer- With a water source nearby, the user can create ice puppets to control and fight for them.

Blizzard- When raining, the user may turn rain into ice or snow.

Abilities:

Hearing- Ice wolves for some unknown reason have excellent hearing.

Winter Immunity- Ice wolves are immune to cold weather.

Space:

Plasma Ball- A ball of plasma from the users mouth.

Star Shield- The user summons a shield of starts to protect themselves. Likewise, these may also be used to attack.

Billowing Cloud- A massive cloud of darkness and spacial matter. It is very difficult to escape once trapped.

Gravity- The density of gravity can be heightened or lowered on specific objects. A user may also change the center of gravity.

Black Hole- The user creates a small black hole which can suck in harmful projectiles. They cannot suck in wolves or other large objects.

Abilities:

Spatial Awareness: Space wolves have the ability to instantly judge the time by determining the placement of the stars and planets.

Time:

Slow Time- The user slows time around them or on a specific target for up to three seconds. The user will not be affected. This skill makes them both superb hunters and warriors.

Future Sight- The user looks ahead to possible scenarios, often times guessing what attack will come next and giving them time to dodge.

Abilities:

Memory- Many time wolves tend to have great memories, and are able to remember past events in vivid detail.

Physic- Time wolves have the ability to look into the recent past of another wolf on contact. Sometimes, a wolf may know if its mind is being read, and will fight off a time wolf using willpower. Time wolves are susceptible to attack when they use this ability, as they are oblivious to the real world around them.

Spiritual Awareness- An ability where a wolf may communicate with spirits and receive warnings from them. (RAIN EXCLUSIVE)

Sun:

Solar Flare- A visible wave of intense heat.

Solar Blast- An explosive ball of both blinding light and heat.

Sun Burn- The user releases harmful UV emissions. This can be very harmful to a wolf if done close enough.

Blinding Light- A power that uses a pure, white light that conceals the user. Other wolves (even electricity), cannot look directly into it.

Fire Stream- A power shared with that of the fire wolves. A stream of fire that comes from the users mouth.

Light Sword- The user condenses light and fire into the shape of a sword. This sword causes physical damage, and can be swung around by the users mind. (KAZUMI EXCLUSIVE)

Abilities:

Psychic Shield- Sun wolves can see through mental intrusions such as illusions.

Light Resistance- The light does not affect a Sun wolf's eyesight.

Sun Born- A Sun wolf does not suffer from conditions by the sun or heat.

Moon:

Illusion- The user creates a mental image in an opponents head.

Tide Turning- The user controls the tide of a large body of water (Based on how the moon effects the oceans).

Moon Blast- An explosive ball of both light and cold.

Darkness- The user encloses an opponent in temporary darkness.

Hypnosis- A enrapturing gaze that lulls an opponent to sleep.

Abilities:

Nocturnal- Moon wolves have excellent night vision.

Winter Immunity- Moon wolves are resistant to hypothermia and cold-related things.

Last edited by Thundo Puffs on Fri 23 Jan - 22:08; edited 17 times in total
Thundo Puffs
Thundo Puffs
Admin

Wolf Info
Zähne:
About: Elemental Powers  Left_bar_bleue105/1000About: Elemental Powers  Empty_bar_bleue  (105/1000)

Back to top Go down

About: Elemental Powers  Empty Re: About: Elemental Powers

Post by Luna Fri 14 Nov - 19:09

Ohhhh don't you have Moon?? Smile
Luna
Luna

Wolf Info
Zähne:
About: Elemental Powers  Left_bar_bleue34/100About: Elemental Powers  Empty_bar_bleue  (34/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Thundo Puffs Fri 14 Nov - 20:48

Yep, I'm getting there. I have been writing this down in a notebook and I haven't gotten to sun, ice, or moon yet. They will added soon.
Thundo Puffs
Thundo Puffs
Admin

Wolf Info
Zähne:
About: Elemental Powers  Left_bar_bleue105/1000About: Elemental Powers  Empty_bar_bleue  (105/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Fri 14 Nov - 23:57

Ok, thanks Thundo! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Luna
Luna

Wolf Info
Zähne:
About: Elemental Powers  Left_bar_bleue34/100About: Elemental Powers  Empty_bar_bleue  (34/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rain Sat 15 Nov - 3:51

Oh man... Uh... The spiritual thing was actually never meant to be a thing, but conveniently, something happened somewhere else when I used it the first time, and I was like.... "Meh, it'll make sense that way..."
That's a nice little power though... Thanks Thundo ^^
Kinda makes up for his element not being the best fighting one. He could dodge attacks all day though, I guess xD
Rain
Rain
Admin

Wolf Info
Zähne:
About: Elemental Powers  Left_bar_bleue31/100About: Elemental Powers  Empty_bar_bleue  (31/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Thundo Puffs Sat 15 Nov - 6:12

Ah man, really? XD that was my bad.

But I did try to come up with new time powers, I just could not come up with anything. If you have any ideas, I would love to them.
Thundo Puffs
Thundo Puffs
Admin

Wolf Info
Zähne:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rain Sat 15 Nov - 8:12

Same... It's a complex element... When we were at scratch, I tried to help Tsuki come up with stuff for the elements, but we didn't get very far... xD
It could be used for healing powers... Such as slowing down the heart of a wounded, so their bloodloss is reduced, giving them time to patch them up... Idk... Just something to draw on?
Rain
Rain
Admin

Wolf Info
Zähne:
About: Elemental Powers  Left_bar_bleue31/100About: Elemental Powers  Empty_bar_bleue  (31/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Thundo Puffs Sat 20 Dec - 20:44

Okay... so this is finished now. I am always open to power suggestions. 
Thundo Puffs
Thundo Puffs
Admin

Wolf Info
Zähne:

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin Sun 21 Dec - 23:40

Well, its not really a power, but for earth wolves, with some skill, could they grow certain plants? It'd be kinda a healing thing I guess, or more a survival thing. grow food and medicine and stuff, for emergencies.
Robin
Robin

Wolf Info
Zähne:
About: Elemental Powers  Left_bar_bleue2/100About: Elemental Powers  Empty_bar_bleue  (2/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Shimmer Sun 28 Dec - 16:28

I think for Shimmer since she's artistic it would be cool of she could manipulate the energy into shapes such as a rose or a leaf. This wouldn't be an exclusive power exactly but an artsy wolf would have an easier time pulling it of successfully.
Shimmer
Shimmer

Wolf Info
Zähne:
About: Elemental Powers  Left_bar_bleue10/100About: Elemental Powers  Empty_bar_bleue  (10/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Thundo Puffs Sun 28 Dec - 18:51

Robin wrote:Well, its not really a power, but for earth wolves, with some skill, could they grow certain plants? It'd be kinda a healing thing I guess, or more a survival thing. grow food and medicine and stuff, for emergencies.

It sounds like what you described goes in hand with the "Growth" power I listed above. Earth wolves are able to grow plants if the conditions are right. (Depends on weather, location, etc.)

Also, some plants are easier to grow than others. If the plant is of too high a difficulty, then the wolf will require a seed to make it mature. Many of the herbs we use will be of higher difficulty.

I think for Shimmer since she's artistic it would be cool of she could manipulate the energy into shapes such as a rose or a leaf. This wouldn't be an exclusive power exactly but an artsy wolf would have an easier time pulling it of successfully. wrote:

What you mentioned sounds cool, but the power would not suit an electric wolf in my opinion. Electricity is a very difficult element to control. It does not exactly "enjoy" being maintained in a certain form. Lightning is a free and stubborn element. Electric wolves can do some pretty artful light shows by making sparks and light ribbons, but they would not be able to transform the energy into a specific object. The most they can do is create a condensed ball.
Thundo Puffs
Thundo Puffs
Admin

Wolf Info
Zähne:

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Tue 30 Dec - 2:41

Um... I do not know if you saw Kazumi's bio... but
I am here to ask if it is alright to have the "sword of light" thing, because this is a special ability gifted to her by the spirits of her ancestors. :/

By being realistic about that, she can only form it during the day because she collects the light to form it. She compresses the light too hard that it actually has the component inside that could slice, or slay something/someone.

I didn't mention that(how she does it) in her bio because I forgot. xD

EDIT: It also is a handy-dandy thing for her warrior jobs. I think that is exclusive... I'm not claiming but because it is gifted so... Yeah. It is like a sharp blade of compressed light. Well, it may not be gifted though. I dun care. xD
Luna
Luna

Wolf Info
Zähne:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shimmer Tue 30 Dec - 9:06

Omg that sounds awesome lol
Shimmer
Shimmer

Wolf Info
Zähne:
About: Elemental Powers  Left_bar_bleue10/100About: Elemental Powers  Empty_bar_bleue  (10/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Thundo Puffs Tue 30 Dec - 19:50

Luna wrote:Um... I do not know if you saw Kazumi's bio... but
I am here to ask if it is alright to have the "sword of light" thing, because this is a special ability gifted to her by the spirits of her ancestors. :/

By being realistic about that, she can only form it during the day because she collects the light to form it. She compresses the light too hard that it actually has the component inside that could slice, or slay something/someone.

I didn't mention that(how she does it) in her bio because I forgot. xD

EDIT: It also is a handy-dandy thing for her warrior jobs. I think that is exclusive... I'm not claiming but because it is gifted so... Yeah. It is like a sharp blade of compressed light. Well, it may not be gifted though. I dun care. xD

This sounds like a really cool power, Luna! I hope you don't mind if I adjust it a little. Light is not a power you can compress to give it physical properties. It is just not scientifically possible, but I'm sure you already knew this. Would you be okay if we were to make the sword out of fire/heat? The sword will still  hold light in it as well, but the thing that makes it cause damage is the fire. If you are okay with this let me know, and I will add this power to the post!

And Shimmer, I want to change my response to your power. I find it unfair if I were allow a Sun wolf to manipulate light into objects, and not allow an electric wolf to do the same. I think I will allow electric wolves to manipulate their powers into simple objects such as a sword, whip, ninja star, ball, etc. These objects won't be as "compressed" if you get what I mean. Electric wolves won't find the process of manipulating lightning into shapes very useful. It does not matter what form electricity takes, because the power and effect will be the same. The number one thing these wolves value is speed, so doing this process will just slow them down.
Thundo Puffs
Thundo Puffs
Admin

Wolf Info
Zähne:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shimmer Tue 30 Dec - 19:54

Nice ninja star of static I think I just found Shimmer's favorite thing to do xD
Shimmer
Shimmer

Wolf Info
Zähne:

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin Tue 30 Dec - 20:04

Alright, this isn't really a power, but... you say electric wolves can make balls, riiiiiiiiight? What if they made a game out of it? I can just imagine all the electric wolves using their tails to bat a ball of electricity around, kinda like volleyball. Or ping pong. But more volleyball.

It could kinda be used as a training method, y'know? It'd take a good degree of control to maintain electricity in a ball form, right? Even if you were just bouncing it up and down while sitting in place. Because if you didn't control it, wouldn't it like... explode in your face? ._.
Robin
Robin

Wolf Info
Zähne:
About: Elemental Powers  Left_bar_bleue2/100About: Elemental Powers  Empty_bar_bleue  (2/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Shimmer Tue 30 Dec - 20:07

Well that sounds like a good motivation to keep the power under control if you don't, feel the sting xD
Shimmer
Shimmer

Wolf Info
Zähne:

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin Tue 30 Dec - 20:16

XD Now that made me think of the pinecone fight
Robin
Robin

Wolf Info
Zähne:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thundo Puffs Tue 30 Dec - 20:53

We actually did that I think! xD

Thunder called it Electroball...

I assume there can be tons of creative games elemental wolves can come up with.
Thundo Puffs
Thundo Puffs
Admin

Wolf Info
Zähne:

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Tue 30 Dec - 21:39

Lol, could it bounce? xD

But yes, Thunder. Fire and Heat and Light in the sword sounds good. Smile Smile
Luna
Luna

Wolf Info
Zähne:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thundo Puffs Tue 30 Dec - 22:50

Alright, I'll add it to the thingy!

And no...see....the fun thing about electro ball is that...if you fail to catch it...you get a nice little ZAP. >:D
Thundo Puffs
Thundo Puffs
Admin

Wolf Info
Zähne:

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Wed 31 Dec - 0:49

In the world of people that's like Volleyball. If you fail to catch it, you get a nice big HIT. >:D
Luna
Luna

Wolf Info
Zähne:

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin Wed 31 Dec - 1:00

You two. Disable your smilies when doin the angry face. No one wants to say that annoying smiley.

Anyways. In the world of people with glasses, it means getting em broke when it hits you in the face.

EVERY TIME.
Robin
Robin

Wolf Info
Zähne:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shimmer Wed 31 Dec - 18:27

Yes and it sucks xD
Shimmer
Shimmer

Wolf Info
Zähne:

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin Thu 1 Jan - 17:24

For wind, what about like a wind wall or wind jet? It could be offensive and defensive, but taxing due to its nature. The user sends a sudden, violent burst of air out to either knock over an opponent or deflect an oncoming attack. Kinda like a tackle.

Also for space abilities, could one possibly they know the date and time always? Since they're like, in tune with space and stuff. they could use the planets and stars and their positions to tell what day it was, and what time to an extent. This could also be used as a navigation thing. So... spatial awareness?

And for wind abilities, what about the ability to combine with certain other elements, like water and electricity to be able to create stormclouds? is that plausible? Or perhaps they could be near impossible to sneak up on, because they can sense when someone is moving through the air if they're close enough? That would explain some things about Yuki, if it were true...
Robin
Robin

Wolf Info
Zähne:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next