Land of the Elements
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» EVERYONE SHUT UP I'M TRYING TO INTRODUCE MYSELF (Forest)
About: The Ranks I_icon_minitimeSun 30 Jul - 2:04 by Forest

» About: Spirits
About: The Ranks I_icon_minitimeSun 30 Jul - 1:02 by Forest

» Inspiring quotes from Wolves of the Elements
About: The Ranks I_icon_minitimeSun 30 Jul - 0:57 by Forest

» Silent Storm Pack
About: The Ranks I_icon_minitimeWed 6 Apr - 18:49 by March

» || Kazumi || Warrior Apprentice || Sun || ♀ ||
About: The Ranks I_icon_minitimeSat 12 Mar - 13:05 by March

» Lycos Forest
About: The Ranks I_icon_minitimeSun 7 Feb - 4:32 by Flare

» The Random Game
About: The Ranks I_icon_minitimeTue 26 Jan - 23:34 by March

» What Are You Listening To?
About: The Ranks I_icon_minitimeFri 22 Jan - 19:09 by Forest

» Plot Requisites
About: The Ranks I_icon_minitimeWed 20 Jan - 9:46 by Thundo Puffs

Top posting users this month
No user

What is Going On?

○ Spring has arrived

○ Miyuki's butt is on fire. Someone go check her den to see if she's okay.

○ Forest and Rain had their second litter of puppies, and someone familiar who went missing for years has made their appearance shortly after their birth. How mysterious...

○ Welcome, new members, Bloodless and Chance!

Statistics

Season: Early Spring

Time: 7:00 AM

Weather: The sky is a pretty clear blue; no clouds to be seen. The air is crisp and full of promise.

Temp: 17ºC 62ºF.

Mating season: No.

Birthing Season: Yes.

Kyklos = 3
Spirits = 1.
Pack: ♀ = 14. ♂ = 12..
Pack Rivals = 4.
Loners = 4.
Animals = 1.
Word Count
Words Counted: 0

All role-play posts must contain a minimum of 100 words.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 36 on Thu 30 May - 17:26
Statistics
We have 16 registered users
The newest registered user is Chance

Our users have posted a total of 12931 messages in 323 subjects

About: The Ranks

+3
Robin
Luna
Thundo Puffs
7 posters

Go down

About: The Ranks Empty About: The Ranks

Post by Thundo Puffs Sat 29 Mar - 17:08

★·.·´¯`·.·★ Alpha Rank ★·.·´¯`·.·★

Being an alpha or alphess is the highest rank here in the Lycos. There are usually two in a pack, which consist of one male and one female. We however have only one alphess after the previous alpha, Tsuki passed on. Those in this rank lead the entirety of the pack, and are responsible for their wellbeing. They are the only wolves who give out the orders of battle and give the final say in important decisions. Alphas are also allowed to take part in other activities such as hunting, patrolling, or fighting.

★·.·´¯`·.·★ Beta Rank ★·.·´¯`·.·★

Like the alpha rank, there is one or two beta in a pack. These wolves are second in command, and are the alphas very own personal assistants. Each alpha will usually have one beta whom they rely on the most. They will very often seek comfort and advice from a beta. Their job consist of mainly organizing and carrying out the wishes of an overworked alpha, however betas may just move these task onto the deltas. They are permitted to order around any rank under them.
When an alpha leaves the territory, it is the beta's job to take over lead command of the pack until the alpha returns. If the alpha were to die, it is the beta who will become the new alpha. The alpha will decide which beta will take their place before they die.

★·.·´¯`·.·★ Delta Rank ★·.·´¯`·.·★

Deltas are much like betas in every way, however they are not eligible to take charge, and are not the right paw wolf to the alpha. *Snicker* right paw wolf.. However they are very important in the making of big decisions, and are known as council members. These wolves are third in command of the pack, and are still higher than the lead ranks. They do errands for both the alpha or beta, however are not capable of doing the more important tasks like betas are. When not doing an important job, deltas will become pack organizers. They schedule the day's events and keep watch and order over members, reporting any suspicious activity. They are capable of advancing to become a beta, but because there can be several deltas and only two betas of each gender, many do not get the chance of this position.

★·.·´¯`·.·★ Lead Warrior Rank ★·.·´¯`·.·★

This rank is the commander of all Warriors. They lead their troops into battle, issue attack or defense plans, and use their knowledge of war to their advantage. Many Lead Warriors are not always the strongest in battle, but the wisest and most logical. On the bad side, They are responsible for any plan gone wrong and deaths for a pack member or ally.

★·.·´¯`·.·★ Warrior Rank ★·.·´¯`·.·★

Big and strong, these are the wolves that use their battle and elemental skills to protect and guard the pack. When the war drum goes off, the Warriors are the first to head towards the front line. Though it is not only about fighting, some warriors will stay back with the pack to help protect the elderly and pups. Most warriors are large and muscular, however there are few who choose lithe and speed to battle. When there are no wars or battles to fight, the Warriors spend their time battle training or assisting other ranks. Some may choose to spend the peaceful days making battle armor.

★·.·´¯`·.·★ Lead Hunter Rank ★·.·´¯`·.·★

Highly intelligent, these are the wolves with the most experience in the art of tracking, formation, and bringing down all species of prey. They are wolves who always know where the large herds head, where the smallest of creatures hide in winter, and how to catch fish with one swift blow to the water. The Hunter is in charge of the food source, and taking out fellow hunters to catch prey.

★·.·´¯`·.·★ Hunter Rank ★·.·´¯`·.·★

Here are the wolves responsible for making the pack full and healthy. These are fast, quick thinking wolves that use their skill to catch prey. From elk to the smallest meadow vole, they will catch it. To be a hunter a wolf must know how to work in groups, how to read silent signals such as the flick of a tail, and how to handle sticky situations. Most Hunters have a very slim and agile build for maximum speed and agility potential. In time of war, Hunters may assist the warriors on the front line; so many Hunters will always have basic battle skills.

★·.·´¯`·.·★ Lead Sentinel Rank ★·.·´¯`·.·★

A lead sentinel is a wolf with a fantastic sense of direction. They know our lands, and the lands far beyond the borders. It is the lead sentinels job to take out border patrols and to mark the borders frequently. They are also the wolf who decide whether a loner is harmless or must be chased off if their patrol were to come across one. They are commonly pretty skilled in telling a wolf's goal, stealth, and sensing suspicious activity or danger. A special job of a lead sentinel is to inform any danger on the borders or any part of the territory to a delta, beta, or alpha.

★·.·´¯`·.·★ Sentinel Rank ★·.·´¯`·.·★

A sentinel is neither a large or necessarily fast wolf, but something in between. They are considered to be the scouts of the pack, and survey the borders of the territory. Some sentinels are those who can't decide on being a warrior or hunter, so this is a rank that's in between.  Like a hunter, sentinels get to explore the territory as they please, and like a warrior they may occasionally come across a loner or rival wolf that they may have to chase off or fight. Many wolves also decide on becoming a sentinel due to their love of exploration. Sentinels may also be trained in the art of stealth and spying.

★·.·´¯`·.·★ Lead Healer Rank ★·.·´¯`·.·★

The knowledge of medicine and herbs are all stored away in this wolf's head. They know the name of every herb and remedy in their territory, and know the exact purpose it serves. This no easy job, as the lead healer is responsible if one wrong move is made by ANY healer. It is very easy for a lead healer to lose their ranking. They are in charge of the herb storage, where important medical herbs and remedies are placed, and are also in charge of the other healers. They must keep an eye on the storage at all times, and if something is running low, the lead healer must order another healer to go and fetch new supplies. They rarely leave camp since they never know when an emergency might occur.

★·.·´¯`·.·★ Healer Rank ★·.·´¯`·.·★

Healers are pretty low on rankings list, since they don't really do anything for the pack most of the year other than collect plants, but despite this they one of the most respected by the alphas. Healers spend most of the time studying or collecting herbs for the stock. When a battle breaks out, or a frigid and hungry winter appears though, the healers are the packs means of survival. They tend to the sick, heal battle wounds, deliver births, and watch over the pack with careful eyes. So if you think a healer is just a lazy wolf who just plays with plants, remember that they decide whether you live or die.

★·.·´¯`·.·★ Elder Rank ★·.·´¯`·.·★

Elders are wolves ho have become too weak or old to keep up with their rank. Elders also consist of wolves who have become too badly injured to ever work again, or those who have mental or physical abnormalities which prevents them from ever having a rank. They are respected members, and must be treated well. Apprentices and healers will always care for them. An elder only has one job, and that is to care for pups with no known parents.

★·.·´¯`·.·★ Apprentice Rank ★·.·´¯`·.·★

6 month to 1 year olds are considered as apprentices. These are wolves who train in a specialized rank that follow the orders of a mentor, or wolf chosen by a lead rank which will teach the apprentice in its specialized skill area. The mentor acts like a parent to an apprentice, and will take the young wolf on many adventures to learn things. An apprentice must also learn responsibility, so they will care for the elders. An apprentice always learns its rank skills first, followed by its elemental training. A wolf's element takes time to fully develop, which is why the elemental training happens later. An apprentice usually has two mentors. One for rank training, and one for elemental training. An apprentice is fully trained when the mentor or alpha okays it.

★·.·´¯`·.·★ Pup Rank ★·.·´¯`·.·★

Newborns to 5 month old wolves are considered to be the pups of a pack. They are too young to leave their mothers or caregivers  side. They have no jobs  or training given to them, even if they want it. The only thing expected from them is to play, stay in the camp, and respect the adults. Once a pup turns 6 months, a mentor shall be chosen and the pup will train in its wanted rank, becoming an apprentice.

Last edited by Reindeer Thunder on Sun 21 Dec - 23:44; edited 11 times in total
Thundo Puffs
Thundo Puffs
Admin

Wolf Info
Zähne:
About: The Ranks Left_bar_bleue105/1000About: The Ranks Empty_bar_bleue  (105/1000)

Back to top Go down

About: The Ranks Empty Re: About: The Ranks

Post by Luna Sun 30 Mar - 8:04

Who is the Beta again? 'Cause the Beta male should have already taken Tsuki's place as Alpha so Miyuki will have a co-Aplha. Right? Lol... Wait, who's the male Beta BTW?
Luna
Luna

Wolf Info
Zähne:
About: The Ranks Left_bar_bleue34/100About: The Ranks Empty_bar_bleue  (34/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Thundo Puffs Sun 30 Mar - 13:05

Currently we have only one Beta, and that is Pluto. We used to have a male Beta named Hinto, but he is no longer with us.

The reason why we only have one Beta as of now is because of the one Alpha. Usually each Alpha only have one Beta each. With only one Alpha, she has only one Beta.

And the reason because we don't have an Alpha male is well.... they are commonly mates, and I doubt Miyuki in rp would even want another Alpha after Tsuki, the previous Alpha male went bye bye.
Thundo Puffs
Thundo Puffs
Admin

Wolf Info
Zähne:
About: The Ranks Left_bar_bleue105/1000About: The Ranks Empty_bar_bleue  (105/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin Mon 21 Apr - 23:05

Ok, so if I'm a warrior..according to the laggy wq site that is..then....what happens to my apprenticeship to thunder? Does it still happen or....wut?
Robin
Robin

Wolf Info
Zähne:
About: The Ranks Left_bar_bleue2/100About: The Ranks Empty_bar_bleue  (2/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsuki Thu 24 Apr - 22:43

Thunder would still be your mentor for your element. You get two mentors or for your two sections of training. Rank training and element training.
Tsuki
Tsuki
Admin

Wolf Info
Zähne:
About: The Ranks Left_bar_bleue67/100About: The Ranks Empty_bar_bleue  (67/100)

https://landoftheelements.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin Thu 24 Apr - 22:47

Good. Because....Jay's Wing can't control his talent at all.
Robin
Robin

Wolf Info
Zähne:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsuki Thu 24 Apr - 22:55

I just processed that Thunder is your mentor. You are Thunder's apprentice. How does this make you feel?
Tsuki
Tsuki
Admin

Wolf Info
Zähne:

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin Thu 24 Apr - 22:57

Jay's Wing: Very. . .competetive and loyal. Tribe religion and. . .stuff

Robin: I feel like Thunder is going to try something. And...
AXFXBXSKVDKJGEFVNDEATHVGCXGDOOMJCGDCJKVFTORTUREVNFSGVJCDHNK
Robin
Robin

Wolf Info
Zähne:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thundo Puffs Fri 25 Apr - 15:29

Well since Jay's Wing is now a year something in rp...I was just going to have Thunder test his skills both in rank and element. Perhaps Jay's Wing learned things while away? If he fails the test, then Jay will remain an apprentice to Thunder. If Jay passes, then Thunder will talk to Miyuki and the two will make him a full warrior.
Thundo Puffs
Thundo Puffs
Admin

Wolf Info
Zähne:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsuki Fri 25 Apr - 16:29

That is a good idea and I think it could be fun for you guys to RP out. We should do this with other apprentices when their time comes too
Tsuki
Tsuki
Admin

Wolf Info
Zähne:

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Tue 6 Oct - 18:39

D00d. Y u do dis
Forest
Forest

Wolf Info
Zähne:
About: The Ranks Left_bar_bleue12/100About: The Ranks Empty_bar_bleue  (12/100)

http://sapphireskies.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rain Tue 6 Oct - 18:57

Oh, hello again Vit-Amon-Steve! How's the Calcium? c:
Rain
Rain
Admin

Wolf Info
Zähne:
About: The Ranks Left_bar_bleue31/100About: The Ranks Empty_bar_bleue  (31/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by March Fri 9 Oct - 13:12

We need a rank called sexy.
March
March

Wolf Info
Zähne:
About: The Ranks Left_bar_bleue11/100About: The Ranks Empty_bar_bleue  (11/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rain Fri 9 Oct - 13:38

Spoopy as well.
Oh man.
Maybe we should have a rank called Spoopy that the person with the most posts gets to have?
Rain
Rain
Admin

Wolf Info
Zähne:
About: The Ranks Left_bar_bleue31/100About: The Ranks Empty_bar_bleue  (31/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Thundo Puffs Sat 10 Oct - 21:18

About: The Ranks Tumblr_mtyq88aSqW1rspsdxo1_500
Thundo Puffs
Thundo Puffs
Admin

Wolf Info
Zähne:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum